Sunday, July 5, 2009
Primio Meme Award
Thank you to Silke of Metamorphosis for giving me this Primio Meme Award! The rules of this award say I am to state 7 facts about myself and then give this to 7 people. Such a fun way to bring more awareness to other blogs! Thank you, wonderful Silke! You are a gem and I hope many people come to your blog through this! Same for my 7 people below!
Here are my 7 facts:
1. When my husband and I were engaged, he was in the Navy and on course to be a career Naval officer. I was still in college and was the first woman to take the Naval Orientation course at Northwestern University as I felt it was important to know about what my husband was doing! I also had to do some fast talking to get myself into the course! In addition, I got the highest grade in the class, but that was hardly fair since I was a senior competing with freshmen! Sitting at home on Saturday night and studying was something I am sure not one of those young men did their first quarter in college while it was status quo for me!
2. I am a wimp but push myself to try things, like the zip lines in Costa Rica. Scared me to death but I did it!
3. I married the same man twice: once in 1967, and once in 1997 in a recommitment ceremony, witnessed by our three sons! I was still in college for the first one, and our kids were all out of college for the second one!
4. I am allergic to shellfish. This is unfortunate since we spent the first year of our married lives together going to the lobster pound in Boston and buying lobsters and clams for Friday night dinners! Believe it or not, at the time it was less expensive than hamburgers!
5. I would love to go to Africa! And Alaska!
6. At age 13 I fainted dead away doing my first speech. Now I speak in front of many and it seems ok. I still shake, but now I see the audience so differently!
7. Seven is my lucky number! I love the number seven!
That's it! Now for my seven award winners:
Joanne from A Whole Latte Life
Cheryl from Perspectives on Life
Eleyne from Rainbow Writing
Ginny from Ginny Piech Street
Anne from Aging Lite
Carolynn from A Glowing Ember
Mermaid from mermaid
Enjoy their blogs if you haven't had a chance to visit them before! Ciao!